Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Pics and Bargains

One of the things we didn't realize about our new house until the spring arrived was the many beautiful flowers that the home owner before us planted. It has been so nice having fresh flowers to bring into the house every couple of days. The roses have been gorgeous and I can hardly wait for my hydrangea bush out front to bloom.

I don't sew (& wish I could) but tried my hand at making this coffee table runner to match our new chair. Very simple project but makes a huge impact!


This is our latest bargain. We found this arm chair at a furniture store warehouse sale and got it for only $20. We recovered the cushion and it looks like new.

Ever had a bad hair morning? Ian came into our bedroom this morning looking like this. I had to get a picture because it looked so funny. As you can tell, he's not quite awake yet:-)

Poor little Ian has been fighting a fever for almost a week now. Here's a picture of his favorite 'sick spot' while watching one of his favorite movies "Frosty the Snowman."

I have been on a constant quest to find a way for Hailey to be able to wear the bows I've made her. I found these headbands on etsy.com (cool craft website) really cheap and made my own flower clips and bows to go on them. It turned out really cute. By the way, if your looking for cheap flowers, check with stores for ones that have fallen off arrangements. I got mine for 25 cents each.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth Ann, thanks for the info on the headbands! I have been looking for where to get just the headband part of those after I saw some with the flowers already attached for sale (rather expensive)I'll have to check out etsy. Hailey's headband is adorable! I hope Ian is feeling better. His hair kinda reminds me of Uncle Tim's in the morning :)

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Girl, you have been one busy bee!! I love Ian's hair... one thing I miss about AJ's new hair-do is his crazy hair in the morning. Where did you get Hailey's little dolls? They are so cute! I've never seen little brunette plush baby dolls. Love ya and hope you are doing well! Leah

Beth Ann Johns said...

Leah, my mom bought the doll for Hailey at Target. I'm not sure if they still sell them or not but she got it at Christmas.