Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Harvest Party

Steve and I love fall harvest parties. We decided to have one for our Singles Sunday school class at church. We ended up with a good turn out and everyone had a great time. We had a chili dinner, costume contest, and pumpkin carving. This was Ian's first time to dress up so he really enjoyed all the festivities and attention.
Cowboy Ian

Stick 'um up, partner!

I'm posting a recipe for a Big Chocolate Chip Cookie. I've made it several times now and it seems to be a hit . . . and best of all, it's really easy!
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 tbsp. water
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I use the store bought icing and it works out well and tastes just like the American Cookie Company icing.

The pumpkin that Steve and I carved this year.

Fu Man Chu, Cowboy, and Pumpkin

This is a guy who came dressed as "Pastor Steve"

Some of the group

The KRBC Singles and their pumpkins

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun, I was laughing and laughing as I looked at these!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cookie recipe! I will have to try that - we love cookie cakes. Ian looked adorable as a little cowboy! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your costumes! It looks like the party was a lot of fun, wish we could have been there. I miss getting all dressed up. The cookie cake looks great too!