Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hailey's Imminent Arrival

We are pleased to announce that (unless she decides to come early), Hailey Faith will be arriving sometime Tuesday. My doctor told me at my appointment that my body looked ready and since I have been progressing for the last several weeks, I am going to be induced at 5:30am on Tuesday morning, Nov. 20. We are very excited. We'll get home on Thanksgiving with a wonderful 'Thanksgiving present' from the Lord.

Needless to say, we have been rapidly trying to prepare and gets things together this past week. We've almost finished our Christmas shopping, decorated for Christmas, covered church responsibilities, organized all winter clothing for the kids, etc. My mom will be coming from Greenville to help out for a while which we are very thankful for. She spent 2 weeks with us when I had Ian and was a tremendous help. Ian knows that "sissy" is coming but I can hardly wait for him to meet her. We'll definitely have to catch it on video.

I am feeling well and am just recently recovering from an unexpected bout of food poisoning. Steve and I went to Chick Fil' A after my doctors appointment and apparently there was something in the chicken nuggets. I have been confined to the bed and the bathroom for the last 24 hours but am finally able to keep down toast and gatorade. I am very thankful for renewed strength.

We'll post pictures of her once she arrives. Hopefully the hospital has wireless, but I don't know for sure. We would appreciate your prayers for a safe and healthy delivery.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll be praying and looking forward to seeing the pictures - I can't believe you got all the Christmas things done already. . .you must be really nervous you won't get anything done with 2 small children! I didn't think it was too much of a change until about 5 mo old. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Johns told us about the food poisoning, how awful! Glad to hear you are feeling better. We are so excited to see pictures of our new niece, can't wait! We'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

That has got to be nice to be ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving!
I'm so happy for you to be getting ready for your little girl to be born. Now you have to say "the kids" instead of "the baby." We'll be waiting to hear about and see little Hailey. While we are waiting, we will be praying for God to answer all the prayers you have prayed for this day. All that you need he has already provided.
Love,
Uncle Wayne and Aunt Margie